Teaching Assistant (SEN Support)
This job expired on 9 October 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
9 October 2022 at 11:59pm
22 September 2022
- Early years
- View all Part timejobs - 22.5 hours per week negotiable, Term Time Only
- Fixed term - until 25th July 2023 renewable depending on funding
Full-time equivalent salary
- £19,650 to £20,043 per annum (pro-rata)
- NJC sp 5 to 6
Teaching Assistant (SEN Support) job summary
Would you relish the exciting opportunity to join our team on a journey towards being an outstanding Academy?
Scientia Academy are seeking to appoint an experienced, energetic and caring SEN Teaching Assistant to support children with complex and high needs (emotional, behavioural and physical needs of the child: medication, intimate care, first aid, etc).
In collaboration with the Class Teacher and the SENCo you will nurture and support pupils' educational experience to the best it can be and will make a significant contribution to pupils’ progress. We are looking for someone with strong behaviour management skills, sound classroom knowledge and a caring personality. This role also requires you to work alongside individual children and groups in class and take the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific intervention. You will also be required to provide lunchtime support.
We aim to appoint someone who is passionate about inclusion and is willing to go the extra mile to help secure outstanding outcomes for our children and families.
The successful candidate must:
- possess a QCF Level 2 certificate in Teaching & Learning or equivalent qualification,
- have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability,
- flexible and reliable with a caring nature,
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with young children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives,
- have a range of strategies to support learners of all abilities, and provide excellent support for individual pupils,
- be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
In return we can offer:
- an extremely supportive, friendly team and a modern, well-resourced work environment,
- high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement,
- a commitment to wellbeing and a chance to be a part of a driven, skilled, and dedicated team.
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme,
- high quality Continuous Professional Development,
- free and confidential access to REACh2’s Employment Assistant programme manned by qualified counsellors 24 hours / 7 days per week,
- a rewarding job where no two days are the same.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Scientia Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 418 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Scientia Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Scientia Academy is a purpose built primary school for children aged 3 to 11 years old. The school opened in 2013 and has continued to grow year on year.
We are now a popular, over-subscribed school, with a thriving nursery which offers 30 hour provision for working parents. We offer Wrap Around Care with a busy Breakfast and Afterschool Club.
The aim of Scientia Academy is to raise standards of achievement by providing a secure, caring and stimulating environment in which children are enabled to become independent, responsible and enthusiastic learners.
The provision of equal opportunities, effective planning, teaching and assessment is intended to encourage all individuals to have high expectations and to recognise their own successes and improvements.
We are very proud of the social and cultural diversity of our school. The children and staff come from a variety of different countries and we aim to celebrate the richness that this brings to the school. This diversity is reflected in our curriculum, our policies and procedures and our school environment.
Arranging a visit to Scientia Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Inclusion Support Worker
Birchfield Primary School
Trinity Road, Birmingham, B6 6AJ
Streethay Primary School
Yoxall Way, Lichfield, WS13 8FT
Zaytouna Primary School
500 London Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE24 8WH
Teaching Assistant (Maternity Cover)
St Elizabeth's Catholic Primary School
Claremont Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 8EN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Burton Upon Trent