18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - Monday - Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm = 24.58 Teaching Assistant and 50 minutes Midday Supervisory Assistant - The TA role is paid for 47.36 weeks (inclusive of holiday allowance) and the MSA role is paid for 43.89 weeks inclusive of holiday
- Fixed term - 12 months
Full-time equivalent salary
- TA Role £23,194 -£23,620 and MSA Role £22,369 - £22,777
- TA £14,033 - £14,228
- TA Level B NJC payscale SC4a (point 9-10) and MSA Scale 3 (Point 7-8)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for candidates who have the NVQ 2 Teaching Assistant’s qualification and /or recent experience of working in a primary school or nursery school. The successful candidate will be fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school. They will also:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about supporting children’s learning.
- Have some experience of working with children with special needs including autism
- Have excellent communication skills and a calm and patient approach
- Be keen to work with others as part of a team
- Have excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Be flexible as may be required to undertake Individual Needs Assistant tasks as directed.
What the school offers its staff
- Children who are genuinely a pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- - A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- - A strong, committed and collaborative staff team.
- - Opportunities for training and further development.
- Staff benefits including Employee Assistance Programme, subsidised gym membership, travel to work schemes and more
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 61.9 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 200 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01273 607924
St John the Baptist is a one form entry school with approximately 200 pupils on roll. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach. We are based on the eastern side of Brighton, we have a fantastic teaching facilities, a great working environment and beautiful views across the city, sea and downs.
Arranging a visit to St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Laurels Primary School, Worthing
Winterbourne Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3QH
Cuckmere House School
Eastbourne Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 4BA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Brighton and Hove and East Sussex, Brighton and Hove