seeking to appoint two exceptional teaching assistants with aspiration and
ambition. This role includes working with vulnerable children on a 1-1
basis and supporting them to access the curriculum. It will also include assisting teachers in management of the classroom and preparing resources.
Experience of working with SEN pupils and excellent behaviour management skills
have a positive attitude of self-improvement and a commitment to work alongside
colleagues to share best practice, learn, reflect and improve. We are looking for a professional with a
strong vocational commitment to improve the life chances of our children with
exciting and engaging teaching, learning and lunchtime experiences. Does this
sound like you?
A successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about making school life exciting and memorable
to ensure that all children have the opportunity to make good progress and will
exceed national standards
- A reflective practitioner who is always open
to new initiatives
- A team player who is highly motivated and
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of our academy
in their application, indicating how they could contribute
to developing our community, enhance opportunities for our children and promote our
Christian ethos and values
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated
and able to use initiative
- Organised, efficient, professional and
- Caring, empathetic and patient with a
good sense of humour
- Someone who lives life with a smile!
SEN Specific Experience (Desirable):
- Experience of using a total communication
- Experience of supporting children with
physical needs requiring physio support and intimate care
- Understands child development and attachment
theory in relation to challenging behaviour
- Establishes positive, supportive and clear
relationships with children, parents and staff
- A commitment to inclusion in a mainstream
St James CE Primary Academy and The Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.