KS1, KS2, Mathematics
Fixed term (12 months)
VACANCY FOR Y2/3 TEACHER AND MATHS LEAD
Ingham Primary School, The Green, Ingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 2XT
Required for September 2021.
Y2/3 Teacher and Maths Lead
We believe in changing lives. Everything we do is focused on giving every child the best start in life – irrespective of background or circumstance. Children have just one chance, and we want to give them the best chance possible.
We believe passionately in providing irresistible learning opportunities that put the learner at the heart of the process. We are building a community that places no limits on learning. Our vision is to be successful, confident and caring. Want to join us?
Due to the forthcoming maternity leave of our current postholder, we are looking to fulfil a one-year secondment or fixed-term/maternity leave contract from September 2021 for an ambitious middle leader who is ready for new challenges and keen to develop their leadership skills. As an inspirational teacher you will be teaching in our Year 2/3 class. As a person with leadership qualities and experience you will be responsible for leading Maths across the school. Could you be the person we are seeking?
Are you a developing leader who:
• Will work with the Headteacher in the creation of strategic plans for the school and its community
• Will play a leading role in driving improvement through helping to formulate and review school priorities, monitoring the quality of teaching and learning and analysing pupil outcomes
• Will play a significant role in the continued development of the teaching and learning of Maths across the school., liaising with the current Maths Lead
• Has shown they can impact on whole school priorities
• Is well organised, has good time management and leadership skills
• Is ambitious and seeking an exciting opportunity to further develop your leadership skills
The successful candidate does not need to be a Maths lead at present; we are looking for a middle leader who is an excellent teacher with a strong grounding in maths mastery and looking for their next leadership step. In addition to Maths, you will also lead a foundation subject.
Are you an accomplished practitioner who:
• will provide irresistible learning opportunities for our highly motivated and enthusiastic children through excellent teaching
• is innovative in their thinking and has a creative approach to learning
• is able to work in partnership with other experienced teachers
• has high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour and a commitment to excellence
• has the desire to nurture success, confidence and care in others
• has a passion for learning and a drive to build and improve their practice both now and in the future
• is committed to their own life-long learning
In return, we can offer:
• excellent leadership development opportunities within our own school and through our links with KYRA Teaching School
• the opportunity to grow as a leader within our school setting
• access to excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your leadership skills
• a supportive, hardworking, warm and caring staff team;
• children who are a pleasure to teach;
• a school that is ambitious for all of its pupils to be successful, confident and caring
• a clear career progression which will develop you as a teacher and leader
• support for your professional development.
• The opportunity to teach Year 2 and Year 3 simultaneously cementing your experience in both Key Stages
• Full Read, Write Inc Training
• The possibility to continue working as part of a Teacher Research Group with the local Maths Hub.
Why a Secondment?
With a secondment you retain your position at your current school, so that you are able to return there after the secondment is over. A year in a different setting will provide you with amazing opportunities and the chance to rapidly progress your career and gain valuable experiences that you can build on in the future. It looks great on your CV and will allow you to show impact beyond your own school (an SLE recruitment criteria).
Our school may be very different to your home school in size or locality but we can promise you a warm welcome and massive opportunities for growth.
What if I am not currently employed in a school?
We welcome applications for a fixed-term/maternity leave contract as an alternative to the secondment model. If you have the experience and leadership skills we are looking for, then please apply! If you would like more details about how this works, please contact the school.
Ingham Primary is a member of the Kyra Teaching School Alliance – a partnership of schools who are ambitious for children, and for the professionals who work in our schools.
Visit : https://kyrateachingschool.com/about-us to find out more.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. We look forward to hearing from you.
For further details and/or to arrange a visit, please contact our Administrator by telephone (01522) 730244 or email email@example.com
If you are interested in this secondment/fixed-term/maternity leave contract opportunity, please contact the school for further details as soon as possible.
Ingham Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Closing Date: 12.00pm Monday 21st June
Applying for the job
Please use the Lincolnshire County Council application form which can be found on our school website.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you are applying for this as a secondment position, please submit an application letter of no more than 2 sides of A4.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.