- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months)
- Grade 5
The Governors are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Educational Teaching Assistant. Applications are invited for this job from individuals who are able to work as part of a team to support the learning and welfare of pupils in this school.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos and life of our school
• Be an excellent classroom teaching assistant with high standards and expectations
• Be hard working, enthusiastic and committed
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Support a 1:1 child in the first instance and help them develop and achieve
• Be willing to learn or already have experience of working with a child with SEND
• Be able to take initiative and be innovative
We can offer you:
• A warm and welcoming Catholic community
• A happy environment where everyone is valued
• Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
• Supportive governors and parents
As this is a 1:1 ETA role, the position will be on a fixed term basis until the child leaves the School. As an Educational Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting the learning for pupils with SEND. You will be a resilient person who is looking for a challenge in providing great support in this role. You will support teaching in the classroom during lesson time and support and improve progress out of the classroom through individual intervention work.
Experience of working with children with SEND and knowledge of the national curriculum and current inclusion practices would be desirable for this role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 403 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About St Paulinus Catholic Primary School
St Paulinus Catholic Primary School has amazing children, staff and Governors who all share the common belief that Jesus Christ is at the centre of all we do. This is reflected in our new school mission statement ‘Inspiring all to live, learn and love in the light of Jesus’ (CF John 8:12) which permeates throughout the School. We place a very strong emphasis on personalised learning and we are proud of our caring and inclusive ethos, creating the happy environment in which our children learn. As a result our children not only achieve very good standards, but they also develop the personal skills needed to be happy and fulfilled individuals.