PO4 £31,053 - £33,782 FTE + 10 days
Prime Objectives of the Post
As an active member of the Leadership and Management Team be responsible for promoting the highest standards of business ethos, underpinning the values and vision of the School.
To be responsible for strategic planning in relation to the business and support services of the School.
To be responsible for personnel management; premises/catering management; admissions and attendance management; administration; finance; training and development of non-classroom based staff and all matters within the management of the School which are supportive to, but do not directly involve teaching and learning.
Leadership & Management:
• When required attend governing body meetings to report on all strategic management as required
• Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the School Leadership Team
• Plan and manage change in accordance with the school development/strategic plan.
• Line manage and appraise all non-class based staff
• Record staff absence and carry out monthly absence claims
• Liaise and assist the Leadership Team with staff appointments; absence reporting; HR/Payroll queries etc; induction; exit interviews etc.
• Maintain staff records on SIMS
• Be responsible for DBS checks and the Single Central Register
• Maintain training records of all staff and ensure mandatory training is kept up to date
• Seek advice in relation to HR issues as appropriate.
• Ensure alongside the premises staff the security of the school site
• Work alongside the Headteacher on monitoring capital and CIF funding budgets and ensure that all ongoing projects are managed appropriately
• Manage the lettings of school premises to external hirers
• Ensure full H&S and Catering compliance is being undertaken and liaise with the Headteacher in relation to audits and risk management
• Ensure the Emergency Management Plan is kept up to date
• Take responsibility for the main H&S issues specific to the school and how they relate to pupils, staff, visitors and contractors including reporting accidents to the H&S Executive where appropriate
• Deal with insurance claims.
• Plan and lead delivery of the School’s marketing, public relations and admissions strategies, on designing the marketing strategy, organising events, managing the admissions processes, ensuring positive marketing communication and promoting the School to external stakeholders
• Responsible for the collation of admissions on behalf of the School.
• Establish and use effective methods to review and improve administrative systems
• Prepare information for publications and returns for the DFE; LA and other agencies and stakeholders within statutory guidelines as appropriate including termly Census and Pupil Premium data
• Take responsibility for the MIS system including set up of academic year, assessment data and reporting
• Be responsible for the up to date data collection of both pupil and staff information
• Communicate the strategy and relevant policies in the use of technology across the school, including Data Protection.
• Oversee day-to day financial management including orders, invoices, BACS runs, credit card purchases and reconciliation
• Month / year end reporting as required
• Monitoring the budget in liaison with the Headteacher, including future year forecasting
• Supporting the Headteacher and colleagues of the School in the financial management within the budget set by the Trust Board
• Monitor and control income and expenditure in relation to the School’s Catering Service, Early Years provision and Out of School Club
• Support SMT colleagues in the use of specific grant funding and associated action plans, including monitoring and reporting
• Oversee monthly overtime, supply timesheets etc
• Support the proper collection, reconciliation and banking of any monies received
• Be responsible for the School Fund including the completion of Year End accounts
• Maximise income through lettings and other activities
• Manage, negotiate and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements for the provision of support services
• Maintain the furniture and AV inventories.
• Responsible for convening meetings of the Academy Trust
• Advisory role to the Academy Trust
• Submitting the accounts/ annual return to Companies House
To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably requested by the Headteacher and Leadership Team.
To act at all times as an Ambassador for the School actively promoting its values and vision with all stakeholders.
Applying for the job
Please contact school direct for an application form
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
474 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Old Earth Primary School
"A happy, high achieving school where all are motivated and feel safe to thrive."
At the heart of the school’s effectiveness is the determination of all staff to help pupils to become confident and resilient learners in a happy and fun environment.
The school has exciting plans for the future, an established, experienced staff, Governing Board and a new Headteacher.
Old Earth became an academy in 2011 whilst maintaining good relationships with the Calderdale LA.
It enjoys strong links with its local community of primary and secondary schools and also enjoys very good relationships with parents and the wider local community.
Take a look at our website : www.oldearth.co.uk where you can get a flavour of what we’re all about.
The governors at Old Earth are seeking an ambitious and energetic professional. They will be a key member of the Leadership Team. The role combines the leadership of a business management support team of staff in the delivery of key support services and activities, whilst acting as a professional lead to support the headteacher in all aspects of school business operations relating to:
• Strategic finance and budget planning
• Financial management and monitoring
• Premises management
• Health and safety management
• Project management including aspects of building and capital projects for school improvement
• Management information systems
This is an ideal position for someone with knowledge of financial planning and budget setting principles, previous people management experience and sound communication skills.
If you are dynamic and solution focussed, who can maintain perspective even when under pressure then we would love to hear from you.
Arranging a visit to Old Earth Primary School
Please contact school via e-mail or telephone to arrange a visit