- Job role
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale - UPS3
Salary: Main scale – UPR3
To begin 1st January 2022
The Governors at St. Mary’s RC Primary School are looking for an excellent teacher to join their hardworking and dedicated staff. St. Mary’s R.C Primary is a lovely, happy and friendly school where everyone is welcome. We were rated ‘Good’ in our last Ofsted inspection and ‘outstanding’ in our most recent Section 48 RE Inspection. You should be highly motivated, flexible and adaptable.
The successful candidate will:
- have the ability to inspire children and provide high quality learning experiences
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a deep understanding of how children learn
- have very high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
- have the ability to work positively with children, parents and other stakeholders
- be able to demonstrate that you are a highly effective teacher with a proven record of good teaching and learning, preferably in upper Key Stage 2.
- work well as part of a team
- Lead a core curriculum area
- uphold and support the Catholic faith and values
We can offer you:
- a supportive Catholic culture
- support from the dedicated and hardworking, friendly staff
- a commitment to your professional development
- well behaved and motivated children
- a very happy working environment
The post will preferably be in Year 6.
If you would like more information, would like to arrange a school visit or are interested in applying for this vacancy please contact Mrs Ruane, the Head teacher on 01706 378032.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th October at noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday at 3.30pm
Observation and Interviews: Friday 22nd October
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply for this position please download the application form and supporting documentation and send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm noon on Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Due to the Covid pandemic if you are unable to secure certificates of your qualifications, then evidence from your awarding body/provider that you have passed will be accepted. This is a temporary arrangement until 31st December 2021. If you are appointed to the post, every attempt should continue to be made to obtain your certificates as evidence of your qualifications. Your offer will be conditional upon the receipt of the original certificates for your qualifications until they are received. You will be advised of the deadline for this within your appointment letter.
Applicants are advised that by applying for this position they are declaring that they are not subject to any immigration controls or restrictions that prohibit them undertaking work in the UK, and that they are able to provide proof of their Right to Work in the UK if they are invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are informed that if appointed to this post their contract of employment will be with the school governing board who is the employer, and not Rochdale Council.
Applying for the job
Please apply using the CES application form provided. Applications will not be considered on other application forms. More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.