- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- TMS2 to TMS6
Year 6 Class Teacher
We are looking to appoint an excellent, experienced and committed teacher to join our wonderful school.
• Will be someone who can demonstrate a love for teaching and learning
• Will be an enthusiastic, creative and aspirational practitioner
• Will have high expectations of all children, inspiring and engaging them in the learning process
• Will have the mindset and ability to achieve very high standards
• Will be flexible, hard-working and well organised
• Will be able to nurture all children to achieve both personally and academically
• Will build strong relationships with children, parents and carers, staff and governors
• Will take an active role in school life and being part of the team
• On-going professional development
• Excellent learning environment and resources
• Good medical insurance
• Highly motivated and well behaved children
If this sounds like you, then please contact us for more details and arrange a visit to our friendly school.
Summerlea School is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this post is subject to DBS and pre-employment checks.
West Sussex County Council meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. This will be done by means of applying for an “Enhanced Disclosure”. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
Relevant criminal convictions and other associated information will be discussed at the interview in order to assess job-related risks. This information would only be used to assess suitability for employment in so far as it is relevant to the job to which they have applied. Having a criminal conviction will not necessarily bar someone from employment, this will depend on the circumstances and background to the offence. Candidates selected for interview will be expected to bring the completed Shortlisted Candidate Information Form. Candidates will also be expected to bring Proof of Right to Work in the UK and their certificates for any qualifications listed as essential or desirable.
Please contact the school office on 01903 856783 for school visits or enquiries and download the application pack and complete an application and safer recruitment form apply and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Summerlea CP School, Windsor Drive, Rustington, West Sussex BN16 3SW. Further information about our school is also available via our school website. Please visit: www.summerlea.w-sussex.sch.uk
Closing date: Thursday 30th September at midday
Interview date: 7th October
Applying for the job
Please see the school website for detail
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.